Job Title: Property Manager – multi-site portfolio
Department: Crescent Property Services LLC
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Reports To: Gwen Louchouarn
Job Grade: 207
Perform day-to-day responsibilities for all property and construction management activities, including but not limited to property maintenance, collections, tenant relations, property budgets, support to asset management and brokerage firms with leasing and lease renewal activities, reporting, tenant and capital improvement activities, code compliance and partnership agreement compliance and the appearance and physical condition of owned and not-owned Flatiron Park properties. Responsible for overseeing property and facility management staff and the daily physical and financial operations of the assigned buildings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following as well as additional duties which may be assigned as necessary for smooth and continued operations of the portfolio and company.
· Prepare and manage annual operating budgets, including the capital budgets (ABF Yardi Voyager). Review portions of budgets supplied by other departments.
· Prepare and/or oversee annual OPEX recovery reconciliations and the invoicing of same (Yardi Voyager).
· Prepare monthly financial reports, including budget variances, executive summary, and bi-monthly summary of all portfolio activities. Initiate and complete special projects and those requested by management and/or tenant customers.
· Review, red-line and abstract (into Yardi Voyager) all lease documents during lease negotiations and after lease execution working closely with asset management, brokers and legal counsel. Oversee the billing and receivables of tenant rent and other miscellaneous charges in accordance with lease terms and implement collection policies and procedures as necessary to ensure collection of unpaid and slow-paying accounts including resolving disputes that may arise.
· Oversee all Accounts Payable activities for both operating and capital expenses.
· Perform project management functions related to tenant construction and property capital projects consistent with local codes. Manage tenant work in compliance with leases and work letter agreements to ensure tenant acceptance, timely completion, and occupancy and rent commencement.
· Insure all certificates of insurance are current for all leases, licenses and vendor contracts or proposals.
· Draft and/or manage vendor contracts for capital and preventative maintenance purposes in addition to their appropriate invoicing and other applicable terms.
· Coordinate tenant move-ins and move-outs. Assist tenants in making moving arrangements and review the building and regulations with tenant and tenant’s moving contractor, as is applicable.
· Draft various types of Notices in accordance with lease terms as is applicable to various circumstances.
· Draft various types of license agreements for tenants, vendors and third parties and obtain applicable types of insurance requirements applicable to the agreement.
· Proactively meet with building tenants on management matters and matters of tenant relations, tenant services, leasehold modifications, tenant needs, and special requests or problems.
· Draft Landlord Letters of Approval and their associated Notices of non-liability (to be posted and appropriately delivered) for all tenant requested alterations and/or changes to their demised premises in accordance with lease terms.
· Routinely manage on-site personnel either directly or through others, including employment interviews employee development, training, motivation, and evaluation.
· Establish, monitor, and enforce operating policies and procedures, work schedules, and working hours for staff.
· Regularly direct employees or contractors who perform maintenance and repair work, judging work performance, adherence to specifications, and observance of safety regulations and building rules relating to contractors and vendors.
· Conduct (or assign) regularly scheduled and unscheduled on-site inspections of common areas, tenant spaces, vacant spaces, mechanical rooms, roofs, exterior perimeter, and other areas. Make appropriate repairs, changes, alterations, etc. as deemed necessary.
· Plan for, react to, and assist with unexpected or infrequent items or events such as emergencies, inclement weather, tenant lock-outs, public relations events, major renovations, civil disturbances, government regulations, etc.
· On call for after hour emergencies (shared responsibility with other staff).
· Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and/or be able to do so independently within one (1) year of hire. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B. S.) or higher, Real Estate Broker’s License (State of Colorado within nine (9) months from of hire date), five (5) years commercial property management experience with a strong background in all areas of operations, construction, budgets/financial reporting and lease administration. CPM or RPA preferred but not required. Experience with Yardi Voyager or similar Yardi property management software preferred but not required.
LANGUAGE AND WRITING SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write effective emails, letters, notices, contracts and speeches as may be required. Ability to carry out effective and persuasive discussions, speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to tenants, top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, pro- rations, percentages, and an understanding of load/loss factors.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent computer and Microsoft Office Suite skills. Must have the ability to lead and work well with others, the ability to follow direction from management, and the ability to follow and establish workplace procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The high-energy, customer-service-oriented work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment can be unusually loud during construction management activities.
This position may require travel to and from various Crescent locations and other sites. It will require expedient travel methods to include aircraft, rental cars, and use of personal automobile. Estimated travel demands: 0-10% of time.
Submit resume to email@example.com